We started operating the Zamil Shipyard which is strategically located inside Dammam port in 1999. In 2002, Zamil Offshore Services Company ventured into shipbuilding and since then we have emerged as the premier and only shipbuilder in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In 2013 ZOSCO was awarded the prestigious ten (10) year lease contract to manage and operate the King Fahad Ship Repair yard in Jeddah on the Red Sea coast.
In our relatively short history we have constructed and delivered over fifty (50) vessels in thirteen (13) years consisting of:
Eleven (11) harbor tugs - Three (3) pilot boats - One (1) mooring boat - Two (2) offshore utility vessels - One (1) workboat - Nine (9) state of the art Diesel-Electric AHTs - Seven (7) Rolls Royce UT 733-2 AHTs - Two (2) MPVs c/w ROV support and DP-2 - Two (2) shallow draft flat bottom DSVs (one (1) fitted with spud cans) - Two (2) DSVs - Three (3) tugs for the Saudi Royal Navy Force - Several buoy handling vessels for different in kingdom seaports - Many supply/safety vessels - Four (4) large Surveillance / Logistics vessels for export to the Kuwaiti Coast Guard.
To support our activities, we employ experts in the field of shipbuilding and ship repair; certified welders, steel fabricators, steel fitters, pipe fabricators, pipefitters, ship outfitters, diesel mechanics, marine mechanics, marine electricians, HVAC technicians, QHSSE technicians, blasters, painters, shipwrights. In addition to this, we are active with highly experienced marine engineers and naval architects covering all the aspects and disciplines associated with our core activities.
- We have been operating for more than 20 years in the maritime sector across the Middle East region.
- We are the region’s premier shipbuilder.
- We sustain (MRO) of over 150No maritime assets (Defence & Commercial) annually.
- We have built the most modern and extensive shipyard and support infrastructure through our various facilities in the region.
- We have built the most experienced military and paramilitary leadership team in the region.
- We have built the only MTU marine agency in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, we are MTU in KSA.
- We have built relationships with some of the largest naval primes/leaders in the region.
- We have commenced the 1st naval shipbuilding program for the Royal Saudi Naval Forces in the kingdom. We are building a sustainable sovereign naval shipbuilding capability for the kingdom and we are proud to be a true partner to Defence and Commercial arena.
We work closely with our esteemed Clients and mutually develop a winning strategy to offer an integrated service. This ensures that all work performed is delivered back to Client to international safety standards, world-class quality standards, and on-time delivery, thus ensuring continued operational excellence to our valued clients.
Our plans for creating an extensive center of excellence and positioning ourselves as one of the most integrated marine service providers in KSA is in full forward motion in support of Vision 2030.